|Book Title||Maya 8 Character Modeling By Gary Oliverio|
|Date Published||Sep 29, 2017|
Author: Gary Oliverio
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 9788183332118
- Edition: 2007
- Pages: 491
- Dimension: 22.5 X 15.5 X 2 cm
It takes a unique approach to modeling as it breaks down character creation using an easy-to-follow formula that makes the learning process less daunting. The author presents an overview of modeling basics and then shows how to block out the body, shape body parts, add details, and create joints and controls using Maya 8. By the time you've finished the book, you have created a figure that is textured, rigged, and ready to be animated.
- Understand the building blocks of modeling, including quads, edge loops, normals, UVs, and mapping;
- Discover how "modeling by formula" eases the character creation process;
- Find out how to create a UV layout that makes texturing easier.
- Learn how to place joints and controls and skin your character so it deforms properly when animated.
- Companion CD included with the images from the book, Maya files to help build the character, AVI movies that show the modeling process in real time, and Mel scripts for installing a character modeling tool menu that can improve the user's workflow
Table Of contents:
Chapter 1 : What Am I Getting Myself info?
Chapter 2 : Words of Wisdom
Chapter 3 : A Modeling Primer
Chapter 4 : Beginning the Modeling process
Chapter 5 : Building the Head
Chapter 6 : Creating the Ear
Chapter 7 : What Beautiful Eyes You Have
Chapter 8 : Open Wide
Chapter 9 : Fleshing Out the Body
Chapter 10 : Hands and Feet
Chapter 11 : Fine - Tuning the Model
Chapter 12 : UVs and Textures
Chapter 13 : Character Rigging
Chapter 14 : The Weighting Is the Hardest Part