Kamal Kant Hiran, Ruchi Doshi, Temitayo Fagbola, Mehul Mahrishi
This book begins with the fundamentals of cloud computing, its service and deployment models, architecture, as well as application.
- Provides a sound understanding of the Colour Computing Concepts, Architecture and its applications
- Explores the practical benefits of Cloud Computing services and deployment models in details
- Cloud Computing Architecture, Cloud Computing Life Cycle (CCLC), Load balancing approach, Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC), Google App Engine (GAE)
- Virtualization and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Cloud Computing applications - Google Apps, Dropbox Cloud, and Apple iCloud and its uses in various sectors - Education, Healthcare, Politics, Business and Architecture.
- Cloud Computing platforms - Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open Nabulla, eucalyptus, Open stock, Nimbus and The Apache Hadoop Architecture.
- Adoption of Cloud Computing technology and strategies for migration to the cloud.
- Cloud computing adoption case studies - Sub-Saharan Africa and India.
- Cloud Computing enthusiasts, Students (both UG & PG Level), Teachers, Academicians, Researchers and Organisati on Policymakers.
What will you learn
- Learn about the Importance of Cloud Computing in Current Digital Era
- Understand the Core concepts and Principles of Cloud Computing with practical benefits
- Learn about the Cloud Deployment models and Services
- Discover how Cloud Computing Architecture works
- Learn about the Load balancing approach and Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC)
- Learn about the Virtualization and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
- Learn about the various Cloud Computing applications, Platforms and Security concepts
- Understand the adoption Cloud Computing technology and strategies for migration to the cloud
- Case Studies for Cloud computing adoption - Sub-Saharan Africa and India
Who this book is for
This book is intended for students of B.E., B.Tech., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.E., and M.Tech. as a text book. The content is designed keeping in mind the bench marked curriculum of various universities (both National and International). The book covers not only the technical details of how cloud works but also exhibits the strategy, technical design, and in-depth knowledge required to migrate existing applications to the cloud. Therefore, it makes it relevant for the beginners who wants to learn cloud computing right from the foundation. Aspiring Cloud Computing Researchers Instructors, Academicians and Professionals, if they are familiar with cloud, can use this book to learn various open source cloud computing tools, applications, technologies. They will also get a flavor of various international certification exams available.
- Foundation of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Services and Deployment Models
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- Virtualization Technology
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Cloud Security and Privacy
- Cloud Computing Applications
- Cloud Computing Technologies, Platform and Services
- Adoption of Cloud Computing
Kamal Kant Hiran is working as Associate Professor & Head IT in the BlueCrest University College, Liberia, West Africa as well as Research Fellow, Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark. He has rich experience of 14+ years as an academician and researcher in Asia, Africa and Europe. His research interests include Cloud Computing adoption theories and framework, Internet of Things (IoT) and Digital Image and Video Processing. He has several awards on his credit such as International travel grant for Germany from ITS Europe, Gold Medal Award in M. Tech (ICT), IEEE Ghana Section Award, IEEE Senior Member Recognition, IEEE Student branch award and Best Research paper award from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia. He has published research papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences. He is Reviewer and Editorial board member of various reputed International Journals in Elsevier, Springer, IEEE, Bentham Science, IGI Global, IJSET, IJTEE, IJSTR and IJERT. He is the active member in organizing many international seminars, workshops and conferences in India, Ghana, Liberia, Denmark, Jordan and Ethiopia.
Ruchi Doshi is having more than 10 years of academic, research and software development experience in Asia and Africa. She is working as Registrar in the BlueCrest University College, Liberia, West Africa an also worked with BlueCrest University College, Ghana; Amity University, India & Trimax IT Infrastructure & Services as software engineer. She is interested in the field of Cloud computing, Computer vision, Artificial Intelligence and latest technology used in the higher education. She has published research papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences. She is Reviewer, Advisor, Ambassador & Editorial board member of various reputed International Journals and Conferences such as MIR Labs, USA, IEEE W4S, IJCS and IJERT. She is the active member in organizing many international events in India, Ghana, and Liberia.
Temitayo Fagbola is currently a Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) at Durban University of Technology, South Africa and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Nigeria with over 10 years of proven teaching and research experience. He bagged a Ph.D., M.Sc and B.Tech degrees in Computer Science with strong research interests in cloud computing ecosystem, deep learning, computational intelligence, social media big-data analytics, information security, decision support system and video processing. Dr Fagbola is a member of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT), Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE), Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA), Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria (CPN), the International Association of Engineers (IAENG) and DataHack4FI in Africa. He has over 50 refereed publications in referred international journals and conference proceedings to his credit and currently serves as a reviewer for over 15 reputable international journals. He is also a recipient of the ACM FAT’s grant in November 2018.
Mehul Mahrishi is currently working as an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering at the Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management and Gramothan, Jaipur, India. He is a life member of International Association of Engineers and has published several research articles in National/International Journals, Conferences including Global Journals, ICCCTAM-Dubai, ICMLC-Singapore, IACC and chapters in books. He is also an active technical reviewer of Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (SCI & Scopus-Elsevier). His research activities are currently twofold: while the first research activity is set to explore the developmental enhancements video processing and analysis; the second major research theme is focused on the emerging capabilities of cloud computing. Mr. Mahrishi is rewarded at number of occasions in various domains including Recognition as an active reviewer by Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC, Elsevier, SCI & Scopus Indexed), IEEE continuing education certification for “Cloud Computing Enable Technologies and Recognition for outstanding performance in Campus Connect Program by Infosys, India.