Let Us Python - 3rd Edition
Yashavant Kanetkar, Aditya Kanetkar
Authors: Yashavant Kanetkar, Aditya Kanetkar
Publishing Date: September 2020
Looking for an eBook? Click here
Most Programmer’s learning Python are usually comfortable with some or the other programming language and are not interested in going through the typical learning curve of learning the first programming language. Instead, they are looking for something that can get them off the ground quickly. They are looking for similarities and differences in a feature that they have used in other language(s) plus what extra does the new language offer. This book should help them immensely.. It guides you from the fundamentals of using module through the use of advanced object orientation, concurrence and synchronization.
Learn Python Quickly, A Programmer-Friendly Guide
- Strengthens the foundations, as detailed explanation of programming language concepts are given.
- KanNotes are given explaining key points with the help of programs.
- Simplicity: be it the code or text.
- Lists down all important points that you need to know related to various topics in an organized manner.
- Prepares you for coding related interviews and theoretical questions.
- Exercises are exceptionally useful to complete the reader’s understanding of a topic.
- Follow a systematic approach that will help you to prepare for an interview in a short duration of time.
What Will You Learn
- Data types, Control flow instructions, Console & File Input/Output
- Strings, List & Tuples, Comprehension
- Sets, Dictionaries, Functions & Recursion
- Map, Filter, Reduce, Namespaces, Modules & Packages, Classes and Objects
- Containership & Inheritance, Iterators & Generators
- Decorators, Concurrency & Parallelism, Synchronization
Who This Book is For
Students, Programmers, researchers, and software developers who wish to learn the basics of Python programming language.
- Introduction to Python
- Getting Started
- Python Basics
- Decision Control Instruction
- Repetition Control Instruction
- Console Input/Output
- Functional Programming
- Modules and Packages
- Classes and Objects
- Intricacies of Classes and Objects
- Containership and Inheritance
- Iterators and Generators
- Exception Handling
- File Input/Output
- Concurrency and Parallelism
Appendix A - Precedence Table
Appendix B - Debugging in Python
Appendix C - Chasing the Bugs
Through his books and Online Courses on C, C++, Java, Python, Data Structures, .NET, IoT, etc. Yashavant Kanetkar has created, molded and groomed lacs of IT careers in the last three decades. Yashavant’s books and Online Courses have made a significant contribution in creating top-notch IT manpower in India and abroad.
Yashavant’s books are globally recognized and millions of students / professionals have benefitted from them. Yashavant's books have been translated into Hindi, Gujarati, Japanese, Korean and Chinese languages. Many of his books are published in India, USA, Japan, Singapore, Korea and China.
Yashavant is a much sought after speaker in the IT field and has conducted seminars/workshops at TedEx, IITs, IIITs, NITs and global software companies.
Yashavant has been honored with the prestigious “Distinguished Alumnus Award” by IIT Kanpur for his entrepreneurial, professional and academic excellence. This award was given to top 50 alumni of IIT Kanpur who have made significant contribution towards their profession and betterment of society in the last 50 years.
In recognition of his immense contribution to IT education in India, he has been awarded the “Best .NET Technical Contributor” and “Most Valuable Professional” awards by Microsoft for 5 successive years.
Yashavant holds a BE from VJTI Mumbai and M.Tech. from IIT Kanpur. Yadhavant’s current affiliations include being a Director of KICIT Pvt Ltd. And KSET Pvt Ltd.
His Linkedin profile: linkedin.com/in/yashavant-kanetkar-9775255
Aditya Kanetkar is currently working as a Cloud Software Engineer at Microsoft, Redmond, USA.
He has worked at multiple software companies in the past, including Oracle, Redfin, Amazon and Arista Networks. He has been designing distributed systems software for the last four years.
Aditya holds a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Guwahati and a Master's Degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech, Atlanta. His current passion is anything remotely connected to Python, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing and C#. When not writing software, he is most likely to be found on a Badminton court or watching a football game.
His Linkedin Profile: linkedin.com/in/aditya-kanetkar-a4292397