|Book Title||Foundation Of Information Technology For Class IX By Prof. Satish Jain, M.Geetha|
|Date Published||Sep 29, 2017|
Authors: Prof. Satish Jain, M.Geetha
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 9788183334624
- Edition: 2011
- Pages: 416
- Dimension: 23.5 X 18.5 X 2 cm
This book aims to comprehensively cover the syllabus for foundation of Information technology as per the syllabus prescribed by CBSE for Class IX
Unit 1- Covers all aspects of Basics of Information Technology, including Computer system, concept of memory, storage devices, software and communication Technology
Unit 2- Presents a detailed discussion on Windows XP, word processing, electronic spreadsheet and presentation software. The most popular and very useful application packages namely MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are explained in detail with many examples and screens.
Unit 3- Elaborates the IT Applications, A set of practical projects are given for assimilation of theory and its applications in real life situation.
Unit 4- covers societal impacts of Information Technology (IT)
- Ample number of diagrams are used to illustrate the subject matter for very easy understanding of subject matter.
- Solved exercises are added at the end of each chapter so that the readers can evaluate their progress by comparing their answers with the answers given in the book.
- Summary and Glossary of terms related to particular chapter are given at the end of each chapter.
- Set of sample papers are added at the book.
Table Of Contents:
Chapter 1 : Computer System - An Overview
Chapter 2 : Computer Components Functional Overview
Chapter 3 : Computer Software
Chapter 4 : Communication Technology
Chapter 5 : Operating System
Chapter 6 : Word Processing
Chapter 7 : Introduction To Power Point
Chapter 8 : Introduction To Spreadsheet
Chapter 9 : IT Applications
Chapter 10 : Social Impacts Of IT