Exploring Autodesk Revit 2021 for Structural Engineers
Prof. Sham Tickoo
Authors: Prof. Sham Tickoo
Publishing Date: September 2020
Looking for an eBook ? Click here
Exploring Autodesk Revit 2021 for Structural Engineers textbook covers major concepts and tools of Revit 2020 for structure. It explores various processes involved in Building Information Modeling ranging from creating building components, designing conceptual massing, using smart workflow for design optimization to inspecting design variation and creating rich construction documentation. These processes have been supported through real-world examples, tutorials, and exercises to enable the users to understand the power of BIM with Autodesk Revit. Special emphasis has been laid on the explanation of concepts such as Structural Analysis, Adding Reinforcements, Linking Analytical Model, Work sharing, conceptual massing, Design options, Families, Rendering, and Walkthroughs.
Structural tool in Revit used in structural engineering
- Tutorial point of view and the learn-by-doing approach
- Projects based on real-world models
- Exercises which are based on real-world models
- Additional information is provided to the users in the form of tips and notes
- The text in this book is heavily illustrated with about 1500 diagrams and screen capture images
- Self-evaluation test, review questions, and exercises
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In the textbook author emphasizes on physical modelling, analytical modelling, rebar modelling, and quantity scheduling. Book covers the various stages involved in analysing the model in Robot Structural Analysis siftware.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Book is specially meant for professionals and students in structural engineering, civil engineering, and allied fields in the building industry.
- Introduction to Autodesk Revit 2021 for structure
- Getting started with a Structural Project
- Setting up a Structural Project
- Structural Columns and Walls
- Foundations, Beams, Floors, and Open Web Joists
- Editing Tools
- Documenting Models and Creating Families
- Standard Views, Details, and Schedules
- 3D Views, Sheets, Analysis, and Reinforcements
- Linking Revit Model with Robot Structural Analysis
Prof. Sham Tickoo is currently working as a Professor at Purdue University, USA. He received MS in Industrial Technology from Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA; MS in Industrial and Management Engineering from the University of lowa, lowa City, USA; and BS in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Srinagar, India. Before joining Purdue University in 1987, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, and Software Developer. Prof. Tickoo has authored/co-authored textbooks on several major CAD/CAE/Animation software packages like ANSYS, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, AutoCAD, Customizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and VIZ. In addition to North America. His textbooks have been translated and published in Russia, Japan, India, South Korea, and Serbia. Prof. Tickoo has obtained over $24 Million software grant form ANSYS, IBM, and Siemens.
In 2003, Prof. Tickoo was awarded a US patent for one of his invention “Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles”. He is currently working on the design and fabrication of two new wind turbines that will significantly increase their power output and can be used to charge the batteries of an automobile. Prof. Tickoo is actively involved in consulting and has served as a consultant to over fifty companies in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, California, and Canada.