|Book Title||Basic Principles of an Operating System: Learn the Internals and Design Principles|
|Date Published||Oct 21, 2019|
- ISBN: 9789388511711
- Pages: 329
- 2019 Paperback Edition
- Territory: Worldwide
An operating system is an essential component of computers, laptops, smartphones and any other device that manages the computer hardware. This book is a complete textbook that includes theory, implementation, case studies, a lot of review questions, questions from GATE and some smart tips. Many examples and diagrams are given in the book to explain the concepts. It will help increase the readability and understand the concepts.
The book is divided into 11 chapters. It describes the basics of an operating system, how it manages the computer hardware, Application Programming interface, compiling, linking, and loading. It talks about how communication takes place between two processes, the different methods of communication, the synchronization between two processes, and modern tools of synchronization. It covers deadlock and various methods to handle deadlock.
It also describes the memory and virtual memory organization and management, file system organization and implementation, secondary storage structure, protection, and security.
A basic guide to learn Design and Programming of the operating system in depth
· Easy to read and understand
· Covers the topic in-depth
· Good explanation of concepts with relevant diagrams and examples
· Contains a lot of review questions to understand the concepts
· Clarification of concepts using case studies
· The book will help to achieve a high confidence level and thus ensure high performance of the reader
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
The proposed book will be very simple to read, understand and provide a sound knowledge of basic concepts. It is going to be a complete book that includes theory, implementation, case studies, a lot of review questions, questions from GATE and some smart tips.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
BCA, BSc (IT/CS), MTech (IT/CSE), BTech (CSE/IT), MBA (IT), MCA, BBA (CAM), DOEACC, MSc (IT/CS/SE), MPhil, PGDIT, PGDBM.
1. Introduction and Structure of an Operating System
2. Operating System Services
3. Process Management
4. Inter-Process Communication and Process Synchronization
6. Memory Organization and Management
7. Virtual Memory Organization
8. File System Organization and Implementation
9. Secondary Storage Structure
10. Protection and Security
11. Case Study
ABOUT THE AUTHOR