AutoCAD 2021 for Engineers and Designers, Basic and Intermediate
Prof. Sham Tickoo
Publishing Date: February 2021
Dimension: 7.25* 9.25
AutoCAD 2021 for Engineers and Designers, Basic and Intermediate book contains a detailed explanation of AutoCAD commands and their applications to solve drafting and design problems. In this book, every AutoCAD command is thoroughly explained with the help of examples and illustrations. This makes it easy for the users to understand the functions of the tools and their applications in the drawing.
Equip yourself with essential drafting skills to solve the drawing problems in AutoCAD
- Comprehensive textbook consisting of 24 chapters that are organized in a pedagogical sequence.
- Detailed explanation of all commands and tools.
- Summarized content on the first page of the topics that are covered in the chapter.
- Hundreds of illustrations for easy understanding of concepts.
- Step-by-step instructions to guide the users through the learning process.
- More than 30 real-world mechanical engineering designs as examples.
- Additional information throughout the book in the form of notes and tips.
- Self-Evaluation Tests and Review Questions at the end of each chapter to help the users assess their knowledge.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After reading this textbook, the user will be able to use AutoCAD commands to make a drawing, dimension a drawing, apply constraints to sketches, insert symbols as well as create text, blocks and dynamic blocks. While reading this textbook, you will discover some new tools such as DWG Compare, Save to Web & Mobile, and Shared Views that will enhance the usability of the software.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Textbook have been written to assist the engineering students and the practicing designers who are new to AutoCAD
- Introduction to AutoCAD
- Getting Started with AutoCAD
- Getting started with Advanced Sketching
- Working with Drawing Aids
- Editing Sketched Objects-I
- Editing Sketched Objects-II
- Creating Texts and Tables
- Basic Dimensioning, Geometric Dimensioning, and Tolerancing
- Editing Dimensions
- Dimension Styles, Multileader Styles, and System Variables
- Adding Constraints to Sketches
- Hatching Drawings
- Model Space Viewports, Paper Space Viewports, and Layouts
- Plotting Drawings
- Template Drawings
- Working with Blocks
- Defining Block Attributes
- Understanding External References
- Working with Advanced Drawing Options
- Grouping and Advanced Editing of Sketched Objects
- Working with Data Exchange & Object Linking and Embedding
- Conventional Dimensioning and Projection Theory using AutoCAD
- Concepts of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Isometric Drawings
Prof. Sham Tickoo is currently working as a Professor at Purdue University, USA. He received MS in Industrial Technology from Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA; MS in Industrial and Management Engineering from the University of lowa, lowa City, USA; and BS in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Srinagar, India. Before joining Purdue University in 1987, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, and Software Developer. Prof. Tickoo has authored/co-authored textbooks on several major CAD/CAE/Animation software packages like ANSYS, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, AutoCAD, Customizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and VIZ. In addition to North America. His textbooks have been translated and published in Russia, Japan, India, South Korea, and Serbia. Prof. Tickoo has obtained over $24 Million software grant form ANSYS, IBM, and Siemens.
In 2003, Prof. Tickoo was awarded a US patent for one of his invention “Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles”. He is currently working on the design and fabrication of two new wind turbines that will significantly increase their power output and can be used to charge the batteries of an automobile. Prof. Tickoo is actively involved in consulting and has served as a consultant to over fifty companies in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, California, and Canada.