Hands-on Azure DevOps [ eBook ]
eBook ISBN: 9789389845358
Publishing Date: June 2020
Looking for a Print Book ? Click here
This book will cover an approach that includes the understanding of DevOps, Assessment of AS-IS state, DevOps Practices Implementation and measurement of success. The main objective is to demonstrate Continuous Practices of DevOps Culture using Microsoft Azure DevOps and Microsoft Azure Cloud across different types of applications such as Mobile apps, Hybrid Mobile App, and Web applications. The main idea is to have a uniform approach across different types of applications such as Mobile apps, Hybrid Mobile App, and Web applications. It is important to have a uniform approach of DevOps Practices implementation in an application written in different programming languages such as Java, Android, iOS, Node.js, Angular, Ionic Cordova, Xamarin, Python, and PHP.
A step-by-step guide to implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for Mobile, Hybrid, and Web applications
- This book covers all these practices that can be utilized in real-life scenarios with sample applications written in Java, Android, iOS, Node.js, Angular, Ionic Cordova, Xamarin, Python, and PHP.
- This book provides detailed insight into Microsoft Azure Cloud, especially Platform as a Service Model - Azure App Services.
- This book utilizes the Multi-Stage Pipeline Feature of Azure DevOps. Step by Step implementation of Continuous Practices of DevOps makes it easy to understand even for beginners of DevOps practices.
What Will You Learn
- Learn to create a Multi-Stage (CICD) Pipeline for sample applications
- Configure Unit Test Execution and Code Coverage Reports in Azure DevOps for sample applications
- Create and configure Cloud resources using Platform as a Service Model - Azure App Services for Web Applications and deploy Web Applications to Azure App Services using Pipeline
- Understand how to distribute Mobile App Packages (APK and IPA) to App Center
Who This Book is ForThis book is suitable for DevOps Consultants, DevOps Evangelists, DevOps Engineers, Technical Specialists, Technical Architects, Cloud Experts, and Beginners.
- Overview of DevOps Practices
- DevOps Assessment – Measure the “AS-IS” Maturity
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Android App – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for iOS App – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Native Apps using App Center
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Java App – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Node.js Apps – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Angular App – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Python and, PHP – Azure DevOps Pipelines
- DevOps Practices Implementation for Hybrid Mobile App (Ionic and Xamarin) – Azure DevOps Pipeline
- Azure DevOps Best Practices
- Measure Benefits of DevOps Practices Implementations
Mitesh Soni is a DevOps engineer. He is in love with the DevOps culture and concept. Continuous improvement is his motto in life with existing imperfection. Mitesh has worked on multiple DevOps practices implementation initiatives. His primary focus is on the improvement of the existing culture of an organization or a project using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. He believes that attitude and dedication are some of the biggest virtues that can improve professional as well as personal life! He has good experience in DevOps consulting, and he enjoys talking about DevOps and CULTURE transformation using existing practices and improving them with open source or commercial tools.
Mitesh always believes that DevOps is a cultural transformation, and it is facilitated by People, Processes, and Tools. DevOps transformation is a tools agnostic approach. He loves to give training and share knowledge with the community. He has a keen knowledge of programming, and he is aware of different languages/frameworks/platforms such as Java, Android, iOS, NodeJS, Angular. His main objective is to get enough information related to the project in a way that it is helpful in creating an end to end automation pipeline.
In his leisure time, he likes to walk in Garden, to click photographs, and to do cycling. He prefers to spend time in peaceful places. His favorite tool / services for DevOps Practices implementation is Azure DevOps and Jenkins in commercial and open sources categories respectively.