Learn SQL with MySQL [ eBook ]
eBook ISBN: 9789389898132
Publishing Date: July 2020
Looking for a Print Book ? Click here
The last part explores the DDL and DMLs in depth. We also learn the concepts of Transactions and Constraints. The book explores how we can run the SQL queries from a Python 3 program and load a pandas DataFrame with the data from a table in a schema in the MySQL database.
A step-by-step guide that will help you manage data in a relational database using SQL with ease
● Understand the concepts related to relational databases.
● Learn how to install MariaDB and MySQL on Windows, Linux and tools to access it.
● Learn how to connect Python and Pandas to MySQL/MariaDB.
What Will You Learn
● Understand the basics of MySQL and MariaDB.
● Get familiar with MySQL Arithmetic Operators, DDL, DML, DCL & TCL commands.
● Understand the concept of Single-Row Functions and Group Functions in detail.
● Retrieve data from multiple sources using the Joins.
Who This Book is For
This book is designed for beginners as well as professionals alike. The book will also be useful to Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Database Administrators, and Data Engineers.
- Introduction and Installation
- Getting Started with MySQL
- Getting Started with SQL Queries
- The WHERE clause in detail
- Single Row Functions
- Group Functions
- Joins in MySQL
- DDL, DML, and Transactions
- Python 3, MySQL, and Pandas
Ashwin is an experienced veteran who, for the past 25 years, has been working with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). In his career, Ashwin has worked for more than 7 years as an employee for various IT companies and Software Product Companies. He has written more than 2 dozen books on Arduino, Python programming, Computer Vision, IoT, databases, and other popular topics with BPB and other international publications. He has also reviewed many other technical books. He also creates courses for BPB and other platforms and teaches to 60000 students online.
He has been working as a freelancer since 2017. He got his first taste in writing in 2015 when he wrote his first book on Raspberry Pi. In his free time, Ashwin makes videos for his Youtube channel, which has 10000 subscribers now.
Outside work, Ashwin volunteers his spare time as a STEM Ambassador, helping, coaching, and mentoring young people in taking up careers in technology.
Your Blog links: https://www.youtube.com/
Your LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/