MongoDB for Jobseekers
Authors: Justin Jenkins
Publishing Date: 07th Jun 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
MongoDB for Jobseekers serves as the ultimate companion, providing assistance and support throughout your entire MongoDB learning journey. Whether you are an experienced professional exploring new career paths or an aspiring jobseeker looking to enhance your opportunities, this comprehensive guide is specifically designed to cater to your needs.
From the basics to advanced concepts, MongoDB for Jobseekers offers a well-structured approach to understanding the intricacies of this powerful NoSQL database. The book then delves into subjects like schema modeling, querying, indexing, and scalability, and discovers the reasons behind MongoDB's widespread popularity. Through clear and practical examples, the book will swiftly help you grasp the fundamental concepts and techniques required to work with MongoDB in real-life scenarios. This extensive guide will not only help establish a strong foundation in MongoDB but also unlock numerous job opportunities.
Upon completing this book, you will acquire the necessary confidence and expertise to excel in your job search and embark on a rewarding career path.
- Master the fundamental principles of Schema Design, Querying, and Database Administration.
- Explore advanced topics, including Aggregation, Replication, and Sharding.
- Develop a fully functional application utilizing MongoDB Cloud Services.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of MongoDB's architecture and data model.
- Learn to perform CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete) in MongoDB.
- Understand indexing strategies for optimizing query performance.
- Discover MongoDB's aggregation framework for complex data analysis.
- Learn about MongoDB's high availability and scalability features.
- Explore integration with programming languages and frameworks.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whether you are a novice starting from scratch or a seasoned professional aiming to enhance your database skills, this book is for individuals who aspire to learn about MongoDB, the contemporary "NoSQL" database.
- Why MongoDB?
- MongoDB Jobs and Roles
- Getting Started
- A Better Way to Store Data – Documents
- Let’s Do It – Create, Update and Delete Documents
- Getting What You Want – Querying
- Complex Data, Made Simple
- The MongoDB Aggregation Framework
- Planning for Performance – Collections and Indexes
- Getting In and Getting Out – Data Migration
- Make It Great – Configuration and Monitoring
- Seamless Scaling – Replication and Sharding
- Being Proactive – Security and Backups
- Making Stuff – Programming with MongoDB
- Tools for Success – MongoDB Shell and Compass UI
- Cloud Services – MongoDB Atlas
- MongoDB Atlas – Application Services
- Jobseeker – Interview Prep
Justin Jenkins has nearly two decades of experience in the tech industry, having held various roles. Early on, he found a passion for databases. An early adopter of MongoDB after years of working with SQL, he has made contributions to startups, well known tech companies, and non-profit organizations. Recognized by MongoDB as an Enthusiast, he shares his expertise through resources like this book, online courses which you can find on LinkedIn Learning, and speaking events. Having lived on both coasts of the US, he currently resides in Colorado Springs, Colorado with his wife and two incredibly fun, and incredibly exhausting boys. When not coding, he enjoys cooking, supporting soccer teams like the Seattle Sounders and Manchester United, and exploring the outdoors. He constantly mediates on the words of Mark 9:23-24 and hopes to for the rest of his life.