Let Us Python - 5th Edition
Yashavant Kanetkar, Aditya Kanetkar
Authors: Yashavant Kanetkar, Aditya Kanetkar
Publishing Date: Oct 2022
Dimension: 6*9 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
- Strengthens the foundations, as detailed explanation of programming language concepts are given.
- KanNotes are given explaining key points with the help of programs.
- Simplicity: be it the code or text.
- Lists down all important points that you need to know related to various topics in an organized manner.
- Prepares you for coding related interviews and theoretical questions.
- Exercises are exceptionally useful to complete the reader’s understanding of a topic.
- Follow a systematic approach that will help you to prepare for an interview in a short duration of time.
Most Programmer’s learning Python are usually comfortable with some or the other programming language and are not interested in going through the typical learning curve of learning the first programming language. Instead, they are looking for something that can get them off the ground quickly. They are looking for similarities and differences in a feature that they have used in other language(s) plus what extra does the new language offer. This book should help them immensely. It guides you from the fundamentals of using module through the advanced object orientation, concurrence and synchronization.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Data types, Control flow instructions, Console & File Input/Output
- Strings, List & Tuples, Comprehension
- Sets, Dictionaries, Functions & Recursion
- Map, Filter, Reduce, Namespaces, Modules & Packages, Classes and Objects
- Containership & Inheritance, Iterators & Generators
- Decorators, Concurrency & Parallelism, Synchronization
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Students, Programmers, researchers, and software developers who wish to learn the basics of Python programming language.
- Introduction to Python
- Getting Started
- Python Basics
- Strings and Regular Expressions
- Decision Control Instruction
- Repetition Control Instruction
- Console Input/Output
- Functional Programming
- Modules and Packages
- Classes and Objects
- Intricacies of Classes and Objects
- Containership and Inheritance
- Iterators and Generators
- Exception Handling
- File Input/Output
- Concurrency and Parallelism
- Numpy Library
Appendix A - Precedence Table
Appendix B - Debugging in Python
Appendix C - Chasing the Bugs
Appendix D - Periodic Tests
Yashavant Kanetkar, Through his books and online Quest Video Courses on C, C++, Data Structures, VC++, .NET, etc. Yashavant Kanetkar has created, molded and groomed lacs of IT careers in the last two and half decades. Yashavant’s books and online courses have made a significant contribution in creating top-notch IT manpower in India and abroad.
Yashavant’s books are globally recognized and millions of students / professionals have benefitted from them. His books have been translated into Hindi, Gujarati, Japanese, Korean and Chinese languages. Many of his books are published in India, USA, Japan, Singapore, Korea and China.
Yashavant is a much sought-after speaker in the IT field and has conducted seminars/workshops at TedEx, IITs, NITs, IIITs and global software companies.
Yashavant has been honored with the prestigious “Distinguished Alumnus Award” by IIT Kanpur for his entrepreneurial, professional and academic excellence. This award was given to top 50 alumni of IIT Kanpur who have made significant contribution towards their profession and betterment of society in the last 50 years.
In recognition of his immense contribution to IT education in India, he has been awarded the "Best .NET Technical Contributor" and "Most Valuable Professional" awards by Microsoft for 5 successive years.
Yashavant holds a BE from VJTI Mumbai and M. Tech. from IIT Kanpur. His current affiliations include being a Director of KICIT Pvt. Ltd. and an Adjunct Faculty at IIIT, Bangalore. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or through http://www.kicit.com.
Aditya Kanetkar is currently working as a Software Engineer at Microsoft India Development Center (IDC), Hyderabad. He has 4+ years of experience working in the software development industry. His current passion is anything remotely connected to Python, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, Containers and C#.
Formerly, he worked at Microsoft HQ, Redmond, Washington and Oracle HQ, Redwood City, California. Aditya holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Guwahati and a Master's degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech, Atlanta.