Data-driven culture is becoming increasingly important in modern enterprises, and self-service BI tools are making it easier for professionals to gain insights from data. This book serves as a practical and invaluable guide for all data-driven users, empowering them to gain insights rapidly and effortlessly, thereby enabling organizations to unlock the true potential of their data.
This book is a practical guide that teaches readers how to use self-service BI tools to organize, clean, and analyze data. It offers step-by-step instructions on connecting to and refining data from various sources, including data lakes, data warehouses, cloud applications, and spreadsheets, including platforms such as Snowflake or Amazon Redshift. The book also provides expert guidance on smart data preparation and data discovery techniques, equipping you with a comprehensive understanding of all the capabilities and features of Power BI. Through practical examples, you will learn how to run, design, and test a wide array of analytics, along with insightful visualizations, heatmaps, and reports.
By the end of the book, you will be able to use self-service BI tools to conduct analysis and generate data-driven business reports without any technical skills.
- Use data analytics to create insights that drive better decision making.
- Create interactive visualizations that communicate data insights to stakeholders.
- Use visualizations to communicate the findings of your analysis in a way that is easy to understand and interpret.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Discover, combine, and transform data from various sources using Power Query.
- Learn how to create and manage data models in Power BI.
- Create a range of visualizations in Power BI, including charts, tables, and maps.
- Understand how to create, analyze, and share interactive reports in Power BI.
- Leverage Power BI Premium features to handle large datasets proficiently.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for anyone who wants to learn about data analytics, regardless of their current role or experience level.