The Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly growing network of physical devices that are connected to the internet and can collect and exchange data. It can potentially revolutionize many industries but also raises serious security concerns.
This book provides a holistic overview of the security challenges and requirements of IoT. It starts by introducing the fundamentals of IoT security, such as the different types of threats and vulnerabilities. It then discusses the security lifecycle of IoT devices, from design and deployment to operation and maintenance. This book also covers a variety of security technologies and techniques that can be used to protect IoT devices, such as encryption, authentication, and access control. In addition to the technical aspects of IoT security, this book discusses the legal and regulatory landscape that governs IoT devices. Lastly, it focuses on the ethical implications of IoT security, such as the need to protect user privacy.
By the end of this book, you will have a thorough understanding of the security challenges and requirements of the IoT.
- Identify the security challenges and requirements of the IoT.
- Understand different types of threats and vulnerabilities that can affect IoT devices.
- Implement security measures to protect IoT devices from attack.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the challenges and solutions for securing IoT devices, networks, and data.
- Explore different ways to protect IoT devices.
- Get familiar with the security implications of the different layers in the IoT architecture.
- Develop security policies and procedures for IoT deployments.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest IoT security threats and trends.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is designed for engineering students and researchers who are studying IoT security in graduate and postgraduate courses such as computer science, information technology, electronics and communication, networking applications, and electrical and electronics. The book's content is based on the syllabus of IoT security in major Indian and international universities.