A step-by-step guide to installing and managing desktops with VMware Dynamic Environment Manager
- A deeper look into the expert configuration of VMware Dynamic Environment Manager.
- Expert troubleshooting guide to managing user profiles, Horizon smart policies, app configurations, and migration of applications.
- Includes JMP solutions, FlexEngine working, DirectFlex, and configuring DEM entirely.
Implementing VMware Dynamic Environment Manager is the definitive guide to installing and managing end-user desktop environments using the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager solution and tools.
To begin with, you will be able to explore what environment management is, and why you need it in your business infrastructure before discussing the VMware solutions. You will quickly get speedy with installing and configuring the DEM in real-time, using screenshots, and step-by-step directions. You will then be able to explore how to manage end-user environments, wherein you can focus on personalization, configuring the end-user environment, and creating condition sets for triggering when certain policies get applied. You will be able to create XML-based config files, configure application migration, and see how to restore and backup user settings. In this book, you will get handy with the best solutions on how to troubleshoot your VMware environment along with how to upgrade FlexEngine, DEM console, and ADMX templates.
Overall, this book gives you an in-depth knowledge of VMware DEM, using real-time examples based on the latest versions of the VMware Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the end-user environment management and how to manage end-user profiles.
- How to architect and install VMware DEM in a production environment.
- Manage your end-user desktop environment, both virtual and physical.
- Learn to deliver environment personalization and application migration.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for desktop administrators, IT administrators, and VMware administrators who are looking to deliver the end-user experience by managing desktop environments and simplified management of physical desktops.