Parallel Programming with C# and .NET Core
Rishabh Verma, Neha Shrivastava, Ravindra Akella
Authors: Rishabh Verma, Neha Shrivastava, Ravindra Akella
Publishing Date: June 2020
Application development has evolved over the last decade, and with the advent of the latest technologies like Angular, React on client-side, and ASP.NET Core, Spring on the server-side, the consumer expectations have risen like never before.
The primary objective of this book is to help readers understand the importance of asynchronous programming and various ways it can be achieved using .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8 to successfully build concurrent applications. Along the way reader will learn the fundamentals of threading, asynchronous programming, various asynchronous patterns, synchronisation constructs, unit testing parallel methods, debugging enterprise applications, and cool tips and tricks.
There are samples based on practical examples that will help the reader effectively use parallel programming. By the end of this book, you will be equipped with all the knowledge needed to understand, code, and debug multithreaded, concurrent and parallel programs with confidence.
Learn, understand, and code parallel programs with confidence using C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0
- Explore and work with the new features and enhancements in .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8.
- Understand the fundamentals of parallel programming.
- Learn various threading patterns and synchronization constructs.
- Build concurrent applications using C# and .NET Core 3.1 from the ground up.
- Understand the principles of unit testing and debugging in concurrent applications.
What will you learn
- Understand the internals of async/await.
- Learn how to build applications using async/await.
- Write unit tests for asynchronous methods.
- Explore various debugging techniques for enterprise applications.
- Discover cool tips, tricks, and best practices to help you avoid common mistakes.
Who this book is for
Beginners and intermediate developers who build enterprise applications using .NET Core platform and tools. Advanced users can also use this book for brushing up fundamentals and for learning debugging tools, techniques, tips, and tricks.
- Getting Started
- What’s new in C# 8?
- .NET Core 3.1
- Demystifying Threading
- Parallel Programming
- The Threading Patterns
- Synchronization Constructs
- Unit Testing Parallel and Asynchronous Programs
- Debugging and Troubleshooting ( Its spelling is incorrect in pdf)
- Tips and Tricks
Neha Shrivastava is a Microsoft certified professional and works as a software engineer for the Cloud & AI group at Microsoft India Development Center. She has about 10 years' development experience and has expertise in the financial, healthcare, and e-commerce domains. Neha did her bachelor's in electronics engineering.
Ravindra Akella works as a Senior Consultant at Microsoft with more than 13 years of software development experience. Specializing in .NET and web-related technologies, his current role involves end to end ownership of products right from architecture to delivery. He has lead software architecture, design, development, and delivery of large complex solutions with 80 software engineers using Azure Cloud and related technologies.