Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500): A Certification Guide
Publishing Date: October 2021
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
With Azure security, you can build a prosperous career in IT security.
- In-detail practical steps to fully grasp Azure Security concepts.
- Wide coverage of Azure Architecture, Azure Security services, and Azure Security implementation techniques.
- Covers multiple topics from other Azure certifications (AZ-303, AZ-304, and SC series).
‘Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500) - A Certification Guide’ is a certification guide that helps IT professionals to start their careers as Azure Security Specialists by clearing the AZ-500 certification and proving their knowledge of Azure security services. Authored by an Azure security professional, this book takes readers through a series of steps to gain a deeper insight into Azure security services.
This book will help readers to understand key concepts of the Azure AD architecture and various methods of hybrid authentication. It will help readers to use Azure AD security solutions like Azure MFA, Conditional Access, and PIM. It will help readers to maintain various industry standards for an Azure environment through Azure Policies and Azure Blueprints. This book will also help to build a secure Azure network using Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, Azure Front Door, Azure WAF, and other services. It will provide readers with a clear understanding of various security services, including Azure Key vault, Update management, Microsoft Endpoint Protection, Azure Security Center, and Azure Sentinel in detail.
This book will facilitate the improvement of readers' abilities with Azure Security services to sprint to a rewarding career.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Configuring secure authentication and authorization for Azure AD identities.
- Advanced security configuration for Azure compute and network services.
- Hosting and authorizing secure applications in Azure.
- Best practices to secure Azure SQL and storage services.
- Monitoring Azure services through Azure monitor, security center, and Sentinel.
- Designing and maintaining a secure Azure IT infrastructure.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for security engineers who want to enhance their career growth in implementing security controls, maintaining the security posture, managing identity and access, and protecting data, applications, and networks of Microsoft Azure. Intermediate-level knowledge of Azure terminology, concepts, networking, storage, and virtualization is required.
- Managing Azure AD Identities and Application Access
- Configuring Secure Access by Using Azure Active Directory
- Managing Azure Access Control
- Implementing Advance Network Security
- Configuring Advance Security for Compute
- Configuring Container Security
- Monitoring Security by Using Azure Monitor
- Monitoring Security by Using Azure Security Center
- Monitoring Security by Using Azure Sentinel
- Configuring Security for Azure Storage
- Configuring Security for Azure SQL Databases
Jayant Sharma (Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Security Expert, MCT, MCSA, MCP, ITIL, VCA) is a salt and pepper combination of a technical professional with deep experience in Azure architecting and security hardening. He began his career as a server specialist, cut his technical teeth at TCS, HPE and went on to become an Azure Cloud Architect (TOGAF Aware) at IBM, India.
He worked on Azure architecting, security hardening for Data, Storage, Virtual Machines, Application, and user identity and access management (IAM). He has sound experience in security compliance implementation and audits FISMA, PCI DSS, ISO 27001:2013, HIPPA, GDPR(EU), MeitY(India), and many others. He has more than 10 years of experience with global clients.LinkedIn Profile: Jayant Sharma