Mastering Snowflake Platform
Authors: Pooja Kelgaonkar
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Handling ever evolving data for business needs can get complex. Traditional methods create bulky and costly-to-maintain data systems. Here, Snowflake emerges as a cost-effective solution, catering to both traditional and modern data needs with zero or minimal maintenance costs.
This book helps you grasp Snowflake, guiding you to create complete solutions from start to finish. The starting focus covers Snowflake architecture, key features, native loading and unloading capabilities, ANSI SQL support, and processing of diverse data types and objects. The next part utilizes acquired knowledge to look into implementing data security, governance, and collaborations, utilizing Snowflake's features like data sharing and cloning.
The final part explores advanced topics, including streams, tasks, performance optimizations, cost efficiencies, and operationalization with automated monitoring. Real-time use cases and reference architectures are provided to assist readers in implementing data warehouse, data lake, and data mesh solutions with Snowflake.
- Learn about Snowflake cloud-based data architecture and its basics.
- Learn and implement Snowflake’s unified features with use cases.
- Design and deploy robust enterprise data architectures with Snowflake.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Introduction to Snowflake and its three-layered architecture.
- Understand Snowflake’s native features.
- Understand the different types of data workloads and their architecture designs.
- Implement query and cost performance optimization using Snowflake native services.
- Introduction to Snowflake’s advanced features like dynamic and event tables.
- Snowflake’s capabilities with extended support to implement large language models.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for data practitioners, data engineers, data architects, or every data enthusiast who is keen on learning Snowflake. It does not need any prior experience, however, it is beneficial to have a basic understanding of cloud computing, data concepts and basic programming skills.
- Getting Started with Snowflake
- Three Layered Architecture
- Data Types, Data Objects and SQL Commands
- Data Loading and Unloading
- Understanding Streams and Tasks
- Understanding Snowpark
- Access Control and Managing Users Roles
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Snowflake Performance Optimization
- Understanding Snowflake Costing and Utilizations
- Implementing Cost Optimizations
- Data Sharing
- Data Cloning
- Understanding Snowsight
- Programming Connectors and Drivers
- Workload Patterns with Snowflake
- Introduction to Snowflake’s Advance Features
Pooja Kelgaonkar is a distinguished figure in the realm of data, stands as one of the Snowflake data superheroes, boasting nearly two decades of experience in the field. She has honed her expertise through diverse roles on various data platforms and distributed systems, emerging as a specialist in data modernization. Currently serving as Senior Data Architect at Rackspace Technology in Toronto. As a key data resource, she leads the data implementations, ensuring seamless integration and optimal performance, ultimately contributing to the success and satisfaction of the clients.
Her commitment to knowledge extends beyond her professional role, as she is also the founder of an edutech platform. She is a strong advocate for knowledge sharing and community growth. Her commitment is evident in her contributions to the tech community through blogs on Snowflake and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). These insightful articles are regularly featured on Google and Snowflake community pages, solidifying her position as a thought leader.
Pooja's passion for community growth extends beyond the digital arena; she thrives as a public speaker, frequently participating in events, conferences, and tech webinars. Her involvement in these platforms allows her to share her wealth of knowledge and insights, contributing to the collective learning of the community. Pooja's multifaceted engagement with data, education, and community development showcases a profound commitment to advancing the field and empowering those within it.