Mastering DevOps in Kubernetes
Soumiyajit Das Chowdhury
Authors: Soumiyajit Das Chowdhury
Publishing Date: 22nd Aug 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
DevOps with Kubernetes combines two powerful technologies to bring efficiency and speed to the software development process. Kubernetes has become the de facto standard for container orchestration, while DevOps practices are rapidly becoming essential for organizations to manage their software development and delivery pipelines. By using Kubernetes and DevOps practices together, teams can streamline their deployment processes, reduce errors, and deliver software faster and more reliably.
The book starts by addressing the real-time challenges and issues that DevOps practitioners face. The book then helps you become acquainted with the fundamental and advanced Kubernetes features, and develop a comprehensive understanding of the standard CNCF components that accompany Kubernetes. The book then delves deeper into the three leading managed Kubernetes services - GKE, AKS, and EKS. Additionally, the book will help to learn how to implement security measures to protect your Kubernetes deployments. The book further explores a range of monitoring tools and techniques that can be used to quickly identify and resolve issues in Kubernetes clusters. Finally, the book will help you learn how to use the Istio Service Mesh to secure communication between workloads hosted by Kubernetes.
With this information, you will be able to deploy, scale, and monitor apps on Kubernetes.
- Learn how to provision Kubernetes clusters using different cloud providers and infrastructure tools.
- Explore several advanced options to manage applications in Kubernetes.
- Get familiar with the best practices for securing applications and clusters.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to manage stateful containers with Kubernetes.
- Get to know more observability and monitoring in Kubernetes.
- Package and deploy applications on Kubernetes using Helm.
- Learn how to use Skaffold and Flux for CI/CD.
- Learn how microservices can be managed and deployed using the Istio service mesh.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is a must-read for DevOps teams using Kubernetes to deploy container workloads. It offers valuable insights into the best practices required to make their application container-agnostic and streamline their workflows.
- DevOps for Kubernetes
- Container Management with Docker
- Speeding up with Standard Kubernetes Operations
- Stateful Workloads in Kubernetes
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Kubernetes Administrator
- Kubernetes Security
- Monitoring in Kubernetes
- Packaging and Deploying in Kubernetes
- Continuous Development and Continuous Deployment
- Managing Microservices Using Istio Service Mesh
Soumiyajit Das Chowdhury, has a B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation, and a total of 17 years of experience in IT Industry. Soumiyajit has always been passionate about learning new software languages. He has worked on projects that involve software languages such as C, C++, Java, Python and Golang. He has also worked on multiple automation projects involving terraform and ansible. Soumiyajit has worked in the domains of telecom and networking. He has been working in the Cloud and Container domain for the past 11 years, and as an Architect/SME for AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenShift and DevOps practice for the past 7 years. Soumiyajit has been a part of the OpenSouce community, such as OpenStack and CNCF, for a long time and has published multiple whitepapers in his past roles.