Kubernetes for Jobseekers
Authors: Shivakumar Gopalakrishnan
Publishing Date: 16th Feb 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Get Tips to Answer the Most Frequently Asked Kubernetes Interview Questions to Ace Your Interview
- Gain hands-on experience working with both basic and advanced concepts of Kubernetes, the industry-leading container orchestration system, to proficiently deploy and manage your containers.
- Demystifies the complexities of Kubernetes making it accessible to anyone who is interested in IT.
- Learn how to handle challenges and overcome them while implementing Kubernetes.
Looking to land a job as a Kubernetes administrator, developer, or maintainer? Our book has got you covered! With clear explanations and practical examples, you'll learn everything you need to know about Kubernetes and ace your interview with confidence. Kubernetes has become the de facto for container orchestration. The explosion in the use of Kubernetes has created a massive demand for Kubernetes administrators, developers, and maintainers. The purpose of this book is to explain the concepts of Kubernetes along with practical examples so that a job seeker can answer interview questions about Kubernetes with confidence.
The book starts with the importance of DevOps culture and showing you with examples of how you can incorporate it at the work. Next we cover all the essential Kubernetes components, including Pods, ReplicaSets, Deployments, Services, Ingress Controllers, and PersistentVolumes. The book then deep dives into Docker containers and explains how Kubernetes orchestration helps to scale your containers. It explores multiple ways of launching your Kubernetes cluster and deploying Kubernetes services. Towards the end, the book will help you to review Kubernetes’ capabilities and implementation differences in public cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and GCP. Plus, we'll show you the best tips and tools for optimizing performance. And, finally, you'll discover various tools for managing apps at scale.
By the end of the book, you will be able to answer the most commonly asked questions in a Kubernetes interview.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Work with Kubernetes services in networking, storage, application /node management, and GitOps.
- Explore tools for monitoring and tuning Kubernetes performance.
- Learn how to diagnose and troubleshoot issues in Pods, Services, and Ingress.
- Use tools to create multi-environment Kubernetes deployments.
- Work with various Kubernetes tools, extensions, and plug-ins.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Anyone who wants to be a DevOps/SRE/Kubernetes engineer should buy this book. It is also for professionals who wish to gain a deeper understanding of how Kubernetes works.
- Kubernetes/SRE/DevOps Career Map
- Kubernetes Adoption in the Industry
- Introduction to DevOps/SRE Culture
- Operating System Fundamentals
- Kubernetes Basics
- Kubernetes Deployment
- Kubernetes Services
- Section Summary and Interview Questions and Answers
- Kubernetes on Various Platforms
- Kubernetes Performance Optimizations
- Kubernetes Troubleshooting Tips
- Kubernetes Tools and Extensions
- Kubernetes Plugins
- Kubernetes Questions
Shivakumar Gopalakrishnan has over 25 years of experience in Software Development, DevOps, SRE, and Platform Engineering. He has worked in wide-ranging industries, from a healthcare enterprise to a consumer-facing web-scale company. He founded a startup, was a key architect within a Fortune 1000 company, and was a manager/engineer in a Fortune 100 company. He has also given multiple presentations at DevOps/SRE conferences. He is the co-author of Hands-on Kubernetes on Azure.
He is currently an Individual Contributor at LinkedIn.