Java 8 to 21
Authors: Shai Almog
Publishing Date: 01st Jul 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Are you still using Java in the same old way? Java 21 has evolved into a dynamic and concise language with a vibrant and rich ecosystem. If you're seeking to expand your knowledge of modern Java programming, this book is the ideal resource for you.
This practical book offers valuable guidance on effectively utilizing the latest syntax enhancements in order to write code that is both streamlined and easy to understand. It not only provides detailed insights into the inner workings of the Java virtual machine (JVM), but also equips you with the knowledge necessary to excel in building scalable and resilient applications using a variety of powerful techniques such as Spring Boot, Spring Native, GraalVM, and other innovative methodologies. Furthermore, the book assists you in navigating the complexities of testing and packaging, helping you comprehend and navigate intricate processes. It also introduces you to cutting-edge deployment methodologies that leverage Docker and Kubernetes, ensuring that you stay up to date with the most recent advancements in software development and deployment practices.
By the time you finish reading this book, you will have upgraded your Java programming techniques and gained the ability to fully exploit the latest and greatest advancements in the language.
- Gain insights into the significant changes and features introduced in Java versions 8 to 21.
- Learn how to build Java applications with Spring and Spring Boot.
- Monitor, diagnose, and optimize the performance of your Java applications in production environments.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explore different techniques for developing multithreaded applications in Java.
- Harness the power of modern Java and Spring Boot 3+ to elevate your server development capabilities.
- Utilize the power of Docker, Kubernetes, and Spring Native to streamline your cloud-based deployments.
- Integrate unit testing, Mockito, and continuous integration (CI) into your Java projects.
- Use Prometheus and Grafana to monitor the performance of your Java applications.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is suitable for individuals who are new to Java and have little to no experience but possess a basic understanding of the syntax. Additionally, it provides valuable insights for developers who may have not utilized Java in a significant timeframe.
- Hello Java
- OOP Patterns
- 8 to 21 to GraalVM
- Modern Threading
- It’s Springtime in Java
- Testing and CI
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Spring Native
- Monitoring and Observability
Shai is an author, entrepreneur, blogger, open-source hacker, speaker, Java rockstar, developer advocate and more. He is a former Sun/Oracle engineer with 30+ years of professional experience. Shai built Java Virtual Machines (JVMs), development tools, mobile phone environments, banking systems, startup/enterprise backends, user interfaces, development frameworks and much more.
Shai is on the advisory board for multiple organizations including dzone, dev network, and so on. Shai speaks at conferences all over the world and shared the stage with luminaries such as James Gosling (father of Java).