Hands-on Pipeline as YAML with Jenkins
Publishing Date: June 2021
Dimension: 7.50*9.25 Inches
A step-by-step guide to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) for Flutter, Ionic, Android, and Angular applications.
- This book covers all Declarative Pipelines that can be utilized in real-life scenarios with sample applications written in Android, Angular, Ionic Cordova, and Flutter.
- This book utilizes the YAML Pipeline feature of Jenkins. A step-by-step implementation of Continuous Practices of DevOps makes it easy to understand even for beginners.
This book brings solid practical knowledge on how to create YAML pipelines using Jenkins for efficient and scalable CI/CD pipelines. It covers an introduction to various essential topics such as DevOps, DevOps History, Benefits of DevOps Culture, DevOps and Value Streams, DevOps Practices, different types of pipelines such as Build Pipeline, Scripted Pipeline, Declarative Pipeline, YAML Pipelines, and Blue Ocean.
This book provides an easy journey to readers in creating YAML pipelines for various application systems, including Android, AngularJS, Flutter, and Ionic Cordova. You will become a skilled developer by learning how to run Static Code Analysis using SonarQube or Lint tools, Unit testing, calculating code coverage, publishing unit tests and coverage reports, verifying the threshold of code coverage, creating build/package, and distributing packages across different environments.
By the end of this book, you will be able to try out some of the best practices to implement DevOps using Jenkins and YAML.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Write successful YAML Pipeline codes for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Explore the working of CI/CD pipelines across Android, Angular, Ionic Cordova, and Flutter apps.
- Learn the importance of Continuous Code Inspection and Code Quality.
- Understand the importance of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Learn to publish Unit Tests and Code Coverage in Declarative Pipelines.
- Learn to deploy apps on Azure and distribute Mobile Apps to App Centers.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is suitable for beginners, DevOps consultants, DevOps evangelists, DevOps engineers, technical specialists, technical architects, and Cloud experts. Some prior basic knowledge of application development and deployment, Cloud computing, and DevOps practices will be helpful.
- Introducing Pipelines
- Basic Components of YAML Pipelines
- Building CI/CD Pipelines with YAML for Flutter Applications
- Building CI/CD Pipelines with YAML for Ionic Cordova Applications
- Building CI/CD Pipelines with YAML for Android Apps
- Building CI/CD Pipelines with YAML for Angular Applications
- Pipeline Best Practices