Hands-on Application Development using Spring Boot
Publishing Date: October 2021
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
A pragmatic guide for Java developers to help build Microservices and Cloud Apps using Spring Boot.
- Develops microservices from start to finish using the Spring Boot Framework.
- Creates cloud-native applications using Spring Boot's production-ready features.
- Covers the API gateway, unit testing, cloud deployments, and managing high-traffic applications.
Spring is an excellent framework for developing both web and cloud-native applications. This book on application development using Spring Boot simplifies the process of writing boilerplate code for complex software. It allows developers to concentrate on the application's concept rather than on the internal Java configuration.
This book will guide you on how to make the best use of the strength that Spring Boot provides. You'll gain an understanding of how Spring Boot configuration works in conjunction with application development, including auto-configuration and overriding default configurations. You will learn to develop scalable, dependable microservices to accelerate the development lifecycle of a cloud-based application. Each chapter will walk you through the features of Spring Boot as a Software Development Framework, such as performing Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations on a database and securing web services with appropriate logging.
By the end of this book, you will develop, test, and deploy applications ready for production and how to establish them as cloud-based applications. The readers will also gain the expertise of writing unit and integration test cases.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get to know Spring Boot and all its capabilities.
- Build start-to-end production-ready applications.
- Explore the API Gateway and practice how to run request routing.
- Learn API doc tools like Swagger and host your apps on Cloud.
- Practice how to balance the application's load when the system is under high traffic.
- Learn to write unit tests and integration tests for bug-free coding.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Java developers who want to quickly develop, test, and deploy production-ready applications. This book will also appeal to cloud-native application developers and cloud engineers. No prior Spring Boot knowledge is required as the basics are covered in the book.
- Getting Started with Spring Boot
- Developing Your First Spring Boot Application
- Spring Boot Starter Dependencies and Auto-Configuration
- Spring Boot Annotations
- Working with Spring Data JPA and Caching
- Building RESTFul Microservices
- Securing a Web Application
- Building Resilient System
- Working with the Swagger API Management Tool
- Testing a Spring Boot Application
- Deploying a Spring Boot Application
Shagun Bakliwal has six years of experience developing applications in languages such as Java, Spring Boot, Servlets, JSP, and HTML. He focuses primarily on the client-side and cloud technologies. He has worked with multiple MNCs based in India and now lives in the city of dreams - Mumbai. If he isn’t with his friends and family, then you can find him with his laptop or mobile. As he is very tech-savvy, he cracked most interviews with the help of his deep knowledge in Java and Spring Boot.
Before writing this book, he was also a technical reviewer for one of the publishers for cloud-native applications. He is certified in many courses like MongoDB Basics, Google Analytics for beginners, EMC Academic Associate, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, and Predix developer. Over the years, he has implemented ideas ranging from the basic to more complex paradigms and has acquired a bounty of knowledge that he loves to share with many software tools.
LinkedIn Profile: Shagun Bakliwal