Foundations of Computing
Pradeep K. Sinha, Priti Sinha
Authors: Pradeep K. Sinha, Priti Sinha
Publishing Date: Dec 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
If you wish to have a bright future in any profession today, you cannot ignore having sound foundation in Information Technology (IT). Hence, you cannot ignore to have this book because it provides comprehensive coverage of all important topics in IT. Foundations of Computing is designed to introduce through a single book the important concepts of the Foundation Courses in Computer Science (CS), Computer Applications (CA), and Information Technology (IT) programs taught at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Characteristics, Evolution and Classification of computers.
- Binary, Octal and Hexadecimal Number systems, Computer codes and Binary arithmetic.
- Boolean algebra, Logic gates, Flip-Flops, and Design of Combinational and Sequential Circuits.
- Computer architecture, including design of CPU, Memory, Secondary storage, and I/O devices.
- Computer software, how to acquire software, and the commonly used tools and techniques for planning, developing, implementing, and operating software systems.
- Programming languages, Operating systems, Communication technologies, Computer networks, Multimedia computing, and Information security.
- Database and Data Science technologies.
- The Internet, Internet of Things (IoT), E-Governance, Geo- informatics, Medical Informatics, Bioinformatics, and many more.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
- Students of CS, CA and IT will find the book suitable for use as a textbook or reference book.
- Professionals will find it suitable for use as a reference book for topics in CS, CA and IT.
- Applicants preparing for various entrance tests and competitive examinations will find it suitable for clearing their concepts of CS, CA and IT.
- Anyone else interested in developing a clear understanding of the important concepts of various topics in CS, CA and IT will also find this book useful.
Letter to Readers
About Lecture Notes Presentation Slides
- Characteristics, Evolution, And Classification Of Computers
- Internal Data Representation In Computers
- Digital Systems Design
- Computer Architecture
- Secondary Storage
- Input-Output Devices
- Planning The Computer Program
- Programming Languages
- Operating Systems
- Database And Data Science
- Data Communications and Computer Networks
- The Internet and Internet Of Things
- Multimedia Computing
- Information Security
- Application Domains
Know Your Author
Pradeep K. Sinha is the Vice Chancellor & Director of the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Naya Raipur. Earlier he was with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). Dr. Sinha is an educationist, researcher, scientist, inventor, and internationally acclaimed author of computer textbooks, with more than thirty-five years of professional experience. Indian, American, and other Universities across the globe cite his books as textbooks for their courses. On public demand, his books have been translated into local languages like Japanese and Hindi. Dr. Sinha is a Fellow of IEEE, Fellow of Asia-Pacific Artificial Intelligence Association (AAIA), Fellow of Computer Society of India (CSI), and an ACM Distinguished Engineer.
Priti Sinha holds a Master of Science degree from Patna Science College, Patna University. She has been mainly involved in the area of Computer Applications. During the period 1988 to 1996 in Japan, she was associated with Professor Mamoru Maekawa's research laboratory in the Information Science Department, University of Tokyo, and Nichi Denko Gyo, a construction company in Tokyo. At Nichi Denko Gyo, she was primarily involved in Computer Aided Design (CAD). She is actively involved in writing textbooks and their translations. As her hobby, she also practices astrology and offers online astrology classes.