Enhancing IoT Security
Vidushi Sharma, Gamini Joshi
Authors: Vidushi Sharma, Gamini Joshi
Publishing Date: 20th Oct 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly growing network of physical devices that are connected to the internet and can collect and exchange data. It can potentially revolutionize many industries but also raises serious security concerns.
This book provides a holistic overview of the security challenges and requirements of IoT. It starts by introducing the fundamentals of IoT security, such as the different types of threats and vulnerabilities. It then discusses the security lifecycle of IoT devices, from design and deployment to operation and maintenance. This book also covers a variety of security technologies and techniques that can be used to protect IoT devices, such as encryption, authentication, and access control. In addition to the technical aspects of IoT security, this book discusses the legal and regulatory landscape that governs IoT devices. Lastly, it focuses on the ethical implications of IoT security, such as the need to protect user privacy.
By the end of this book, you will have a thorough understanding of the security challenges and requirements of the IoT.
- Identify the security challenges and requirements of the IoT.
- Understand different types of threats and vulnerabilities that can affect IoT devices.
- Implement security measures to protect IoT devices from attack.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the challenges and solutions for securing IoT devices, networks, and data.
- Explore different ways to protect IoT devices.
- Get familiar with the security implications of the different layers in the IoT architecture.
- Develop security policies and procedures for IoT deployments.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest IoT security threats and trends.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is designed for engineering students and researchers who are studying IoT security in graduate and postgraduate courses such as computer science, information technology, electronics and communication, networking applications, and electrical and electronics. The book's content is based on the syllabus of IoT security in major Indian and international universities.
- The Internet of Things and its Security Requirements
- IoT Security - Vulnerabilities, Attacks, and Countermeasures
- Security Engineering for IoT Development
- IoT Security Lifecycle
- IoT as Interconnection of Threats
- Crypto Foundations I
- Crypto Foundations II
- Privacy Preservation for the Internet of Things
- Location Privacy Enhancement in the Internet of Vehicles
- Privacy Protection in Key Personal IoT Applications
- Trust and Trust Models for the IoT
- Framework for Privacy and Trust in IoT
- Preventing Unauthorized Access to Sensor Data and Authentication in IoT
- Computational Security for the IoT and Beyond
- Identity and Access Management Solutions for the IoT
- Privacy-Preserving Time Series Data Aggregation for IoT
- Path Generation Scheme for Real-Time Green IoT
- Security Protocols for IoT Access Networks and Their Impact on Mobile Networks
- Cloud Security for the IoT
- Policy-Based Approaches for Informed Consent in IoT
- Blockchains for Internet of Things
- Game Theory Foundation
- Security Products
Dr. Vidushi Sharma has received the Ph.D. degree in computer science from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra, India, in 2008. She is currently the Head of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, and the Convenor of Centre of Rapid and Alternative Energy Mobility at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, India. She teaches Doctoral, Postgraduate, and Graduate courses; and has authored over 100 research papers for international and national publications. She has also authored a book titled Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Network (2017, Taylor and Francis). She has supervised nine Ph.D. students and more than 50 Dissertation students in the area of wireless sensor networks and the Internet of Things; mentored two - Department of Science and Technology, India projects. She also has two patents awarded and three patents published. Her research interests include IT applications and performance evaluation of information systems, which includes wireless sensor networks, Internet of Things. She has organized several conferences, workshops, and FDP and is also a reviewer for reputed journals.
Gamini Joshi is pursuing Ph.D. at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, India. She has worked as an assistant professor and has taught graduate-level courses. She has authored as well as co-authored a large number of papers for international and national publications. Her research interests include IT applications, performance evaluation, and security of IoT information systems, which include wireless sensor networks and the Internet of Things.