DevOps Design Pattern
Authors: Pradeep Chintale
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
DevOps design patterns encompass a set of best practices aimed at revolutionizing the software development lifecycle. It introduces a collaborative and streamlined approach to bring together different aspects of development, testing, deployment, and operations. At its core, DevOps seeks to break down traditional silos between these functions, fostering a culture of cooperation and continuous communication among teams. This interconnectivity enables faster, higher-quality software delivery by eliminating bottlenecks.
DevOps best practices offer significant benefits to DevOps engineers, enhancing their effectiveness and efficiency. Examine best practices for version control and dynamic environments closely, learn how to "build once, deploy many," and master the art of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), reducing manual intervention and minimizing errors. Each chapter equips you with actionable insights, guiding you through automated testing, robust monitoring, and effective rollback strategies. You will confidently tap into the power of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and DevSecOps methodologies, ensuring secure and scalable software delivery.
Overall, DevOps best practices enable DevOps engineers to deliver high-quality, scalable, and secure software in a more streamlined and collaborative environment.
- Streamlined collaboration for faster, high-quality software delivery.
- Efficient automation of development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Integration of continuous monitoring and security measures for reliable applications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Apply DevOps design patterns to optimize system architecture and performance.
- Implement DevOps best practices for efficient software development.
- Establish robust and scalable CI/CD processes with security considerations.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and ensure reliable and resilient software.
- Seamlessly integrate security practices into the entire software development lifecycle, from coding to deployment.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Software Developers, Software Architects, Infrastructure Engineers, Operation Engineers, Cloud Engineers, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, and all DevOps professionals across all experience levels to master efficient software delivery through proven design patterns.
- Why DevOps
- Implement Version Control and Tracking
- Dynamic Developer Environment
- Build Once, Deploy Many
- Frequently Merge Code: Continuous Integration
- Software Packaging and Continuous Delivery
- Automated Testing
- Rapid Detection of Compliance Issues and Security Risks
- Rollback Strategy
- Automated Infrastructure
- Focus on Security: DevSecOps
Pradeep Chintale is a Lead Site Reliability Engineer at SEI Investment Company with over 17 years of extensive experience. He has completed his bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Mumbai University. Throughout his career, he has served as a System Analyst, specializing in Infrastructure automation, Cloud and DevOps Architecture, and providing support for Application and Enterprise Infrastructure Management.
His primary expertise lies in Cloud and DevOps architecture, where he excels in designing and implementing automated and continuous build, deploy, and release processes using integrated tools within the CI/CD pipeline. He is proud to hold certification as a Cloud Solution Professional Architect.
In his current role at SEI, he continue to contribute to the field as a Lead Site Reliability Engineer. Previously, He served as a Senior Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft, where his responsibilities included transforming technical project requirements into comprehensive architecture and design solutions. His focus has always been on establishing robust, highly available, and scalable CI/CD platforms for the fully automated deployment and operation of workloads.
When it comes to expertise in DevOps and Cloud technologies, He is recognized as a top professional in the field.