Computer Fundamentals - 8th Edition
Pradeep K. Sinha, Priti Sinha
Authors: Pradeep K. Sinha, Priti Sinha
Publishing Date: December 2020
The eighth edition of this widely popular book is designed to introduce its readers to important concepts in Computer Science, Computer Applications, and Information Technology, through a single book. With numerous illustrative diagrams, practical examples, chapter summaries, end-of-chapter questions, and glossary of important terms, and lecture notes presentation in slides, the book is designed to serve as an ideal textbook.
Dive into the fundamental, evolving, and emerging Applications of computer
- Characteristics, Generations, Classification, and Basic Organization of computers.
- Number systems, Computer codes, Binary arithmetic, Boolean algebra, and Logic circuits.
- Internal structure and functioning of CPUs, Memory, Secondary storage devices, and I/O devices.
- Computer software, its various types with examples, and commonly used tools and techniques for planning, development, implementation, and operation of software systems.
- Computer languages, Computer networks, Operating systems, and Database technologies.
- The internet, Internet of Things (IoT), Multimedia computing systems, its applications, and many more ...
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
The new edition has several new topics such as Python, Internet of Things (IoT), 4G, 5G, iOS, Android OS, Watch OS, 3D printing, Solid State Drive (SSD), etc., thereby introducing the readers to the latest trends in computing.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Anyone who wishes to develop a clear understanding of computer hardware, software and applications including
- Undergraduate students of all disciplines (science, commerce, management, arts, etc.)
- Engineering students of all branches
- Applicants preparing for various competitive examinations
- All types of professionals who use computers in their jobs
- Participants of various training programs in computing
Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Basic Computer Organization
Chapter 3 : Number System
Chapter 4 : Computer Codes
Chapter 5 : Computer Arithmetic
Chapter 6 : Boolean Algebra And Logic Circuits
Chapter 7 : Processor And Memory
Chapter 8 : Secondary Storage Devices
Chapter 9 : Input Output Devices
Chapter 10 : Computer Software
Chapter 11 : Planning The Computer Program
Chapter 12 : Computer Languages
Chapter 13 : System Implementation And Operation
Chapter 14 : Operating System
Chapter 15 : Application Software Packages
Chapter 16 : Business Data Processing
Chapter 17 : Data Communications And Computer Networks
Chapter 18 : The Internet
Chapter 19 : Multimedia
Chapter 20 : Classification Of Computers
Chapter 21 : Introduction To C Programming Language
Pradeep K. Sinha is the Vice-Chancellor & Director of the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Naya Raipur. Earlier he was with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). Dr. Sinha is an educationist, researcher, scientist, inventor, and internationally acclaimed author of computer textbooks, with more than thirty-five years of professional experience. Indian, American, and other Universities across the globe cite his books as textbooks for their courses. On public demand, his books have been translated in local languages like Japanese and Hindi. Dr. Sinha is a Fellow of IEEE, Fellow of Computer Society of India (CSI), and ACM Distinguished Engineer.Priti Sinha holds a Master of Science degree from Patna Science College, Patna University. She has been largely involved in the area of Computer Applications. During the period 1988 to 1996 in Japan, she was associated with Professor Mamoru Maekawa’s research laboratory in the Information Science Department, University of Tokyo, and Nichi Denko Gyo, a construction company in Tokyo. At Nichi Denko Gyo, she was involved primarily in the area of Computer-Aided Design (CAD). She is actively involved in writing textbooks and their translations. She also practices astrology and offers online astrology classes as her hobby.