CompTIA Linux+ XK0-005 Reference Guide
Authors: Philip Inshanally
Publishing Date: 06th Sep 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
The CompTIA Linux+ certification is a valuable credential for anyone who wants to work with Linux systems. It demonstrates your skills and knowledge of Linux administration, which is essential for getting a job or advancing your career.
This comprehensive guide is designed to help you prepare for and pass the CompTIA Linux+ XK0-005 certification exam. It covers all the essential topics you need to know, including how to configure, manage, operate, and troubleshoot Linux server environments. It also includes practice test questions to help you assess your knowledge and readiness for the exam.
By the end of this book, you will be confident and prepared to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam.
- Learn the essential skills for troubleshooting Linux systems.
- A study guide that covers all the essential topics in the CompTIA Linux+ XK0-005 certification exam syllabus.
- Challenge yourself with test-like questions to improve your chances of passing the exam.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to configure network settings, such as IP addresses, DNS servers, and hostnames.
- Get to know the Grand Unified Bootloader (GRUB 2), which is used to boot Linux systems.
- Learn how to manage processes in Linux.
- Learn how to create and run a shell script in Linux.
- Explore and work with configuration management tools like YAML, JSON, and Ansible.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced Linux user, this book is the perfect resource for you to pass the CompTIA Linux+ XK0-005 exam and become a certified Linux administrator.
- Introduction to Linux Environment
- Files, Directories, and Storage
- Processes, Services and Network Configuration
- Managing Modules and Software
- User and Password Management
- Firewall, Remote Access and SELinux
- Shell Scripting and Containers
- Configuration Management with YAML, JSON and Ansible
- Troubleshooting Network and System Issues
- Mock Exams
Philip Inshanally is a consultant with over 22+ years in the IT/ICT/OT industry and the first Guyanese IT Author to have written a US-based IT certification book (CompTIA Linux +, released in 2018). He is also the first Guyanese to have created international IT training video courses for various companies such as INE (www.ine.com) and Cybrary (cybrary.it), to name a few. Furthermore, Philip is the only Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE#61204) residing in Guyana, South America.
He has extensive experience in IT/ICT/OT consulting, Cybersecurity, Wireless technologies, Designing, Planning, Implementing, and Documenting various IT/ICT/OT environments.
As one of the industry’s leading IT/ICT/OT experts, he has a competitive edge due to his ongoing development and acquired excellent skills, which have helped him deal with customers locally and internationally.
He has always been methodical, detail-oriented, and production environment sensitive.