Cloud Native Applications with Jakarta EE
Publishing Date: April 2021
Dimension: 7.50 x 9.25 Inches
Deploy serverless and scalable cloud-native applications with Jakarta EE
- Example-driven approach crafted specially for developers and architects.
- Covers all core areas for cloud-native development.
- Step-by-step implementation of core concepts, including application scalability and security, serverless, and containerization.
The book helps readers to get a basic understanding of features provided by the cloud and core concepts of cloud native development. A hands-on approach makes sure that after reading the book, one can straight away implement the concepts in their daily design and development activities.
The book starts with the basics of cloud computing and moves on to understanding the core concepts to create a production-ready cloud-native application. The book helps readers to develop a code that is testable and maintainable to support Agile cloud native development. This book also talks about the security and scalability aspects of applications which are the backbone of any large-scale application. The book covers advanced cloud native application development approaches using containers and serverless approaches.
The book will help readers to get ready for a cloud native development journey. Whether one is creating a small application or a large scale application, core concepts explained in this book remain relevant and will work as a guiding light for developers and architects.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explains the core features that are part of cloud computing.
- Build applications that are fast to market due to testability and maintainability.
- Build applications that are secured against vulnerabilities.
- Build applications that are easy to scale.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is meant for software developers, architects and technical readers who want to learn about Cloud-based application development. Basic knowledge of the Java programming language or Jakarta EE platform is expected to understand code examples used in the book.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Design for Cloud
- Major Players in Cloud Computing
- Sample Application Using Jakarta EE
- Testing Cloud-Native Applications
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Securing Cloud-Based Applications
- Monitoring, Alerting, and Reporting
- Serverless Computing
- Best Practices for Developing Cloud-Native Applications
Kamalmeet Singh has 16 years of experience in the IT Industry. He has worked in bootstrapping startups as well as Fortune 500 companies. He has worked in different technologies and domains. The technologies he has worked on range from Cloud computing, Machine Learning, Augmented reality, Serverless applications, Microservices, Mobile applications, Java, Python, ROR, C#, and so on.
He has co-authored two books on Java design patterns and microservices. He is passionate about cloud computing and exploring the power of the cloud for developing future-ready applications that are secured, scalable, and with less time to market.LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meenukohli78/