Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam Guide
Gavin R. Bayfield
Authors: Gavin R. Bayfield
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Kubernetes is the de facto industry-standard for production-grade container orchestration. The CNCF Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Certification is an in-demand, industry-recognised benchmark denoting the holder as possessing the expertise required to create, secure, manage and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters.
The CNCF CKA exam is a fully hands-on, command line based assessment. This guide structure follows the CKA curriculum. Start with need-to-know Kubernetes concepts and implementation details using hands-on code examples and command line walkthroughs. You will explore core concepts including cluster architecture, installation and configuration. As the book progresses, you will master security principles with RBAC, confidently deploy and manage applications, and explore the intricacies of Kubernetes storage and networking. The following chapters on Troubleshooting and Exam Preparation provide important exam and assessment environment hints and tips, command line techniques and crucial exam strategies. The final two chapters present full-length CKA practice exams with fully-worked exam-grade solutions.
This pragmatic blend of theory, worked examples, and analysis techniques ensures the reader is primed to be successful in the real Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam.
- This Kubernetes technical guide covers the entire CNCF syllabus for the CKA exam.
- Contains extensive hands-on manifest code, command line examples and task walkthroughs.
- Includes two practice CKA exams with fully-worked solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The skills and knowledge required to professionally administer Kubernetes clusters.
- Understanding of Kubernetes command line examples and task walkthroughs.
- Insight from detailed fully-worked solutions for two CKA practice exams.
- Working details for the CNCF CKA exam environment.
- How to manage Kubernetes clusters with precision and control.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for cloud application developers, devops engineers, cloud architects and datacentre administrators who want to conquer the CNCF CKA exam, certifying their Kubernetes skills in the marketplace.
- Cluster Architecture, Installation and Configuration
- Workloads and Scheduling
- Services and Networking
- CKA Exam Preparation
- CKA Mock Exam 1 with Solutions
- CKA Mock Exam 2 with Solutions
Gavin Bayfield is a seasoned IT professional, having worked with clients across the UK, Australia, India and the US in a contract career spanning more than 20 years. To never stop learning is a favorite adage, evident in the 20 IT certifications accredited to Gavin by CNCF, AWS, GCP, Spring, Sun, and IBM since 2001. Gavin has a keen interest in distributed platform environments, becoming a K8s convert in 2018. An Australian based in the UK, Gavin is a family man, active hockey goalkeeper, sailor, and motorcycle enthusiast, and enjoys traveling, having visited 33 countries at the last count.