Blockchain for Business with Hyperledger Fabric
Authors: Nakul Shah
Publishing Date: January 2019
Dimension: 19 x 1.9 x 23.5 cm
The book starts with a brief introduction to the world of blockchain. The book will cover all aspects of fabric ranging from network setup, to use case deployment and testing. Several examples have been covered in this book which will provide you a hands-on understanding of the subject. You will also learn to use the basic functions, libraries, and packages required in a Fabric business network deployment.
A step-by-step guide to understanding the business implementation of Hyperledger Fabric
- Learn the basics of blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology from a business and enterprise perspective
- Understand the advantages of Hyperledger Fabric and get acquainted with its architecture and tools used
- Acquire skills to create, deploy and interact with Chaincode in Node.js
- Learn to set up a new Hyperledger Fabric network
- Demystify Chaincode, in Fabric, for developers and operators
- Develop knowledge to invoke Chaincode from Fabric SDK and create APIs
- Get acquainted with the production environment for Fabric business networks
What Will You Learn
- This book will help the reader learn techniques for developing enterprise applications using Hyperledger Fabric. It will also help understand why blockchain is being regarded as a game-changing technology within the business world. The reader will learn to deploy Fabric based business networks and chain codes and will come across case studies to put their knowledge to practice and solve real-life business problems using Hyperledger Fabric.
The book is intended for anyone looking for a career in blockchain, all aspiring Hyperledger Fabric SMEs who want to learn the most powerful innovation of the current time or working professionals who want to switch their career to the blockchain by using Hyperledger Fabric – one of the most commonly used business platforms for blockchain. While no prior knowledge of Blockchain or Fabric is assumed, it will be helpful to have some programming experience.
- Blockchain and Decentralization
- Introduction to Hyperledger and Composer
- Basics of Hyperledger Fabric
- Frameworks, Network Topologies, and Modelling
- Chain code in Hyperledger Fabric
- Fabric SDK: Interaction with Fabric Network
- Fabric SDK: Building End-to-End Application with Fabric Network
- Fabric in Production
Nakul Shah is the Founder and Director of State Development - India's leading Blockchain Company. He is a regular speaker at conferences across the globe, on topics like Blockchain, Hyperledger, and Distributed Ledger Technology. As a longtime creative thought leader in financial markets, technology and innovation, he has worked with startups and multinationals across the world. Nakul has multiple years of experience in research, development, and deployment of solutions using Blockchain Technology. Besides creating enterprise solutions, he also provides training, consultancy, and development services, helping clients de-mystify the technology and understand how organizations can leverage their key features. Nakul has conducted lectures for banks, universities, and governments, on various topics covering platforms and uses cases of blockchain.
Nakul has played a significant role in the adoption and application of technology. He started his career at State Street Corporation in Boston, which is one of the biggest and oldest providers of a mutual fund, pension processing, and asset custody services. He used advanced statistical and technical tools in the field of socially responsible investment. He also served as a Product Specialist for the wealth management team at Charles River Development. While executing independent consulting assignments, he has advised a leading sustainability firm that helps Fortune500 companies.
Nakul holds a Master’s degree in Financial Engineering from The University of Michigan Ann Arbor, USA.
LinkedIn Profile: linkedin.com/in/nakul-s-shah