A hands-on guide that will help you compose, package, deploy, and manage applications with ease
Containers are one of the disruptive technologies in IT that have fundamentally changed how software is build, shipped, and run today. If you want to pursue a career as a Software engineer or a DevOps professional, then this book is for you.
The book starts by introducing Docker and teaches you how to write and run commands in Docker. The book then explains how to create Docker files, images, and containers, and while doing so, you get a stronghold of Docker tools like Docker Images, Dockerfiles, and Docker Compose. The book will also help you learn how to work with existing container images and how to build, test, and ship your containers containing your applications. Furthermore, the book will help you to deploy and run your containerized applications on Kubernetes and in the cloud.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build and deploy enterprise applications with ease.
- Get familiar and work with key components of Docker.
- Learn how to automate CI/CD pipeline using Docker and Jenkins.
- Uncover the top Docker interview questions to crack your next interview.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to test and debug containerized applications.
- Understand how container orchestration works in Kubernetes.
- Monitor your Docker container's log using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Deploy, update, and scale applications into a Kubernetes cluster using different strategies.
- Learn how to use Snyk to scan vulnerabilities in Docker.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for System administrators, Software engineers, DevOps aspirants, Application engineers, and Application developers.