A practical guide that will help you map, shield, and harden your network perimeter using Nessus and Wireshark
- Minimize your organization's exposure to cybersecurity threats with Vulnerability management.
- Learn how to locate vulnerabilities using Nessus and Wireshark.
- Explore and work with different network analysis and mapping tools.
Today, the world depends on services that run on the IT environments. These services, essentials for the modern world functioning constantly suffer attacks and invasions. This kind of preoccupation is true and must be a top priority for an IT security professional.
This book will help you explore different techniques to locate, understand, and fix vulnerabilities that may exist in an IT infrastructure environment. The book starts by sharing the findings of professionals who are looking to create a secure IT environment. It then focuses on the building blocks of vulnerability assessment, tools, and frameworks that will help you find and map IT vulnerabilities. Moving on, the book deep dives into Network segregation and separation. It then shows you how to secure and harden your web servers using Apache and Nginx. Lastly, the book explains how to apply important hardening techniques to avoid operating system threats.
By the end of the book, you will learn how to improve the overall security through Vulnerability Management.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Use the SNMP protocol to monitor and configure devices on the network.
- Learn how to harden and secure your web servers.
- Get tips to improve your OS hardening.
- Explore ways to secure your wireless & IoT devices.
- Understand important considerations when developing an information security policy.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Pentesters, Security analysts, Network administrators and also for any IT professionals who seek knowledge in security.