For many years, Java EE has been an important platform for mission-critical enterprise applications. To accelerate the development of enterprise applications for a cloud-native world, leading software vendors collaborated to transfer Java EE technologies to the Eclipse Foundation, where they will evolve under the Jakarta EE brand.
This book will be your comprehensive guide to creating Jakarta EE applications and microservices with Microprofile. The book begins with an introduction to Jakarta EE and quickly goes on to teach you about the various databases and their advantages. After this, you will explore the JNoSQL and Jmoordb frameworks to understand how to build Jakarta EE applications with NoSQL databases. Moving forward, you'll explore Eclipse MicroProfile and see how it helps build microservices with Java. Also, you will learn about various development applications such as Java Server Faces, Eclipse Krazos, PrimeFaces, Vaadin, and understand how to integrate them with your backend. Towards the end, you will learn about security, testing, and understanding continuous integration.
Build Modern Web Apps with Jakarta EE, Jmoordb, and Vaadins.
- Learn about the Java Enterprise Edition/Jakarta Enterprise Edition specifications.
- Learn how to create applications with frameworks such as Java Server Faces, Eclipse krazo and Vaadin.
- Get familiar with NoSQL databases and learn how to create Java applications that interact using Jakarta NoSQL and Jmoordb.
- Learn how to test and secure your application.
- Learn about Microprofile and how to create microservices with java.
What Will You Learn
- Learn how to use the Jmoordb framework for Jakarta EE applications.
- Optimize Enterprise Java for microservices architecture using Eclipse MicroProfile.
- Create Web applications using Java Server Faces.
- Building a modern web application using Vaadin.
- Learn how to implement security using IdentityStore and JWT.
- Create CI/CD pipelines for Jakarta EE applications.
Who This Book is For
This book is for developers with no previous experience in creating business applications with Java and for those who want to know about APIs and new frameworks for the development of cloud-oriented applications.