Learn How to Implement Key System Administration Tasks in Linux
- Configure and use Linux network commands to analyze, maintain, and troubleshoot the network.
- Get familiar with the most commonly used advanced commands required for administrating the Linux Server.
- Explore new and trending services in the system administration domain.
Linux is the most popular operating system in the IT industry due to its security and performance. In this book, you will get familiar with the most important and advanced concepts of Linux server administration.
The book begins by showing you how to install a Linux distribution and the different possibilities available depending on the end usage of it. After installation, the book shows how to manage your system, administrate users, and permissions, and how to install new software and configure the services. The book provides a review of the most common and useful CLI commands and will provide knowledge on how to manage files, directories, and processes. It explains how to install and administer advanced services like databases and file sharing. The book will then guide you through new technologies related to automation, containers, and continuous integration/delivery pipelines. Lastly, it will help you explore concepts such as Infrastructure as Code and Infrastructure as a Service and the usage of Linux on Public and Private clouds in detail with multiple examples.
By the end of the book, you will be able to use different open-source tools available on Linux to perform tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to install a Linux distribution.
- Explore advanced Network Configuration in Linux.
- Configure firewall and network security in the Linux server.
- Learn how to automate your system administration tasks.
- Automate Linux Server Deployments with Terraform.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is best suited for System administrators, Linux administrators, IT managers, Network engineers, Network administrators, and Security professionals.