Cyber crime stories and tricks used by cyber criminals to trap people and preventive tips to avoid cyber crimes.
- Real-case studies and true events on cyber crime incidents.
- Learn how to protect yourself from cyber threats and assist police for crime investigation.
- Coverage on financial frauds, social media crimes, mobile payment frauds, and a lot more.
The book ‘Cybercrime and Preventive Measures' provides a strong and precise introduction to the world of cybercrime and the need of cyber awareness for everyone. It begins with email-related popular cyber crimes such as phishing, spamming, spoofing, email bombing, etc. It talks about the methodologies adopted by cyber criminals to trap people along with some real-case studies (names of victims changed) and preventive measures to be taken to safeguard against email-related cyber crime.
This book exposes you to a variety of financial frauds committed by cyber criminals and the modus of operandi they adopt while committing cyber crimes along with numerous case studies. The book keeps you informed about what preventive and safety measures can be exercised so that you can protect yourself, your family, and even your workplace.
This book also assists young teenagers and school students about the methods adopted by hackers and how to remain safe while using social media applications and Internet shopping sites. This book talks about the risks involved and preventive measures that need to be taken while using mobile apps.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get familiar with the top rated cyber crime incidents in India.
- Understand the different types of cyber crimes and the modus of operandi adopted by the cyber criminals.
- Learn to identify and manage cybersecurity threats and protect yourself from cyber vulnerabilities.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for everyone, students, or professionals, who are frequently using smartphones, computers, laptops, and smart devices over the Internet. This book guides you to protect yourself from cyber threats while browsing the internet, watching videos over the Internet, using emails, and using social media apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or playing online games.