Hands-on MuleSoft Anypoint platform book directs you step-by-step in designing API, its Implementation, and how to integrate smartly with other applications. This book is enriched with lots of interactive screenshots and working source codes. Throughout this book, you will learn key industry insights on System Integration, API Led Connectivity, Centre for Enablement, and RAML. This book will talk about how to use publicly available free mock REST APIs and how to call and test them from RESTful clients like Postman. You can also see some of the commercially available license-based APIs.
Equipped with exercises, you will practice developing your own RESTful API specification along with how to add, retrieve, update, and delete data for your business use. You will be using the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform Designer for designing and simulating your RAML API design specifications. At the end of the book, you will be summarizing your learnings with an end-to-end implementation demonstration on the API design and its implementation.
Learn, develop, test and document powerful yet simple RAML API specifications using MuleSoft API Designer and API Toolkit.
The book has the following key features:
- Explore concept of API and its significance in enterprise applications
- Design your own API using Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Exciting coverage on how API works in Enterprise Applications
- Live demonstration on how to build and integrate API with end-to-end implementation and working codes
- The Book deals with the concepts like MuleSoft background, the need for Systems Integration and the digital transformation approaches when the entire industry is looking forward to an ecosystem where a lot many automation will be expected by connecting various Business Services, Devices, Machine to Machine transactions, etc.
- The book elaborates and discusses the need for Application Program Interface API approach for Integrating Enterprise applications for seamless interactions.
- The new age paradigms like MuleSoft API Led Connectivity, Centre for Enablement C4E and Cloud-based SaaS applications are explained in detail.
- The basics of Enterprise Service Bus and the Transformations of API Led Connectivity are discussed in detail.
- We were able to cover the MuleSoft Community, Resources, Blogs, etc. to give a clear idea for the readers about the MuleSoft ecosystem
- The book teaches the readers about the API design, testing and documentation using RAML specifications and how to achieve this using MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
- The readers will be able to get hands-on development experience by executing the given examples in the book, and the book comes with an end to end implementation example with working code in the last chapter.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Know-how of public APIs, commercial APIs, and cloud-based SaaS APIs
- Role of Mulesoft in SaaS applications
- You learn to design and test the API development and implementation
- You get handy with all the features and mechanism of Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Get a clear vision of what is Enterprise Integration and what are all the opportunities coming up in near future.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an Application Program Interface designer without bothering about many internal programming and implementation complexities.
- Explore the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, have hands on with the API Designer and experience the importance of designing an API.
- Have hands on with API designing, development, testing and documentation and understand the differences between API Design and Implementation.
- Get to know the industry standard SaaS applications, the way they expose their data to rest of the world using MuleSoft connectors.
- Understand the public APIs, commercial APIs and Cloud based SaaS APIs.
- Develop and end to end RAML API and implement various end points for Create, Retrieve, Update and Delete business entities.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for fresher, IT employees with less or no programming background such as Business Analysts, Quality Engineers, HR, Technical persons who are looking for a change in technology area if they are working in outdated technologies.