The book has been written in such a way that the concepts are explained in detail, giving adequate emphasis on code examples. To make the topics more comprehensive, screenshots and code samples are furnished extensively throughout the book. The book is conceptualized and written in such a way that the beginner readers will find it very easy to understand the concepts and implement the programs.
The book also features the most current version of Raspberry Pi and associated software with it. This book teaches novice beginners how to write interesting image processing programs with scientific Python ecosystem. The book will also be helpful to experienced professionals to make transition to rewarding careers in scientific Python and computer vision.
Gain a working knowledge of practical image processing and with scikit-image.
- Comprehensive coverage of various aspects of scientific Python and concepts in image processing.
- Covers various additional topics such as Raspberry Pi, conda package manager, and Anaconda distribution of Python.
- Simple language, crystal clear approach, and straight forward comprehensible presentation of concepts followed by code examples and output screenshots.
- Adopting user-friendly style for explanation of code examples.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Raspberry Pi, Python 3 Basics
- Scientific Python Ecosystem
- NumPy and Matplotlib
- Visualization with Matplotlib
- Basic NumPy, Advanced Image Processing with NumPy and Matplotlib
- Getting started with scikit-image
- Thresholding, Histogram Equalization, and Transformations
- Kernels, Convolution, and Filters
- Morphological Operations and Image Restoration
- Noise Removal and Edge Detection
- Advanced Image Processing Operations
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
- Students pursuing BE/BSc/ME/MSc/BTech/MTech in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, and Mathematics
- Python enthusiasts
- Computer Vision and Image Processing professionals
- Anyone fond of tinkering with Raspberry Pi
- Researchers in Computer Vision