Business Intelligence (BI) software industry has become one of the emerging categories in terms of market size. Gartner recognizes Microsoft as a Leader for the thirteenth consecutive year in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligent Platforms. They have also estimated an increase in the global revenue of BI to $22.8 billion by 2020.
There are a lot of BI and Data Visualizations tools in the market but Power BI is still the industry leader. Microsoft's Power BI is an interactive Data Visualization and Analytics tool for transforming data into meaningful insights. Power BI was officially released in June 2015 and is widely used by Business Intelligence Analysts, Business Intelligence Project Managers, and Business Intelligence Developers. As per reports, it now has over 5 million subscribers who use this tool. Visualizations, Datasets, Reports, Dashboards, and Tiles are the building blocks of Microsoft Power BI.
How to use Power BI?
- The first step is to get your data and create a report. You can either connect to the "Content Pack Library" or manually bring files and databases using the "Import or Connect to Data" option.
- You then need to publish it so that you can create visualizations or build dashboards.
- If you are working with a team, you can share the dashboard with them using the super simple sharing feature in Power BI.
- Lastly, you can view and interact with reports and dashboards.
Why Power BI?
- It saves times
- Easy to use
- It has its desktop app
- Sharing made easy
- Offers Collaboration
- Simplified Analytics process
- Options to customize visualization
- Get started for free.
Looking for certification in Power BI?
Here’s a list of Microsoft Power BI certifications.
- Exam 70-778: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- MCSA: BI Reporting
Did you know?
- Power BI is available in 43 languages.
- It has around 40 data centers around the world.
- Companies like Adobe, GE, Heathrow, WorldSmart, Meijer use Power BI.
- Retail, Manufacturing, Finance & Insurance, Healthcare, and Education are some industries that use Power BI.