SharePoint Framework (SPFx) is a new option for developing SharePoint solutions. SharePoint uses modern open-source toolchain, Node-based development, TypeScript, and so on, that are used in SharePoint on-premise and Office 365 (SharePoint Online) development. SPFx is a page and web part model which works very well with SharePoint objects.
Why SharePoint Framework?
The question that arises here is - Why SharePoint Framework?
Farm Solutions, Sandbox Solutions, Add-ins (App Model) and No-script capability are some of the primary development methods or techniques which we generally used for SharePoint Development.
Now let’s look at why SharePoint Framework has become the No. 1 choice for all SharePoint developers?
Key Features of SharePoint Framework
- Faster rendering on the browser as all controls are rendered in the standard page DOM.
- Controls are responsive and accessible.
- Provides controls to access the lifecycle methods of a SharePoint Framework web part like Init, render, load, serialize, deserialize, and so on, and also allows developers to make configuration changes.
- Open source development tools are used npm, Typescript, Yeoman, Webpack and Gulp.
- SPFx web parts can be added on both classic and modern SharePoint sites and pages.
- You can leverage your earlier knowledge of CSOM, as the data models are not changed and are completely transferable.
- SPFx web parts are safe and secure, as the tenant administrator access level is required to make changes in the SPFx web part.
SharePoint Framework is simple, easy and effective making it one of the preferred development option for SharePoint developers, Technical specialists & Consultants.
If you are looking to design, build, and deploy engaging applications using SharePoint Framework, then you can refer “Getting Started with SharePoint Framework (SPFx)”.
You will learn about what is SharePoint Framework, how you can create modern solutions using open source and modern toolchain. You will also get an overview of SharePoint Framework (SPFx) Extensions and get familiar with different functionalities that can be implemented using SharePoint extensions. Towards the end, the book gives you information about Frequently asked questions about the SharePoint Framework.
You can also check our SharePoint catalog if you are interested in knowing more or looking to master the SharePoint Framework.