Learn Excel 2002 VBA Programming with XML & ASP
Authors: Julitta Korol
Publishing Date: January 2003
Dimension: 21.5 X 15.5 X 3 cm
Looking for an eBook ? Click here
Designed to provide non-developers with a hands-on guide to Excel Visual Basic for Applications, this book gives users a wide range of VBA coverage, along with an introduction to the Extensible Markup Language and Active Server Pages technologies.
- Quickly learn how to program by utilizing the built-in macro recorder.
- Add decision-making and repetition to your procedures.
- Control other applications from within Excel through Automation.
- Create and customize user forms, menus, and toolbars.
- Learn how to handle errors and debug your programs by using built-in debugging tools.
- Perform Access tasks from within Excel.
- Discover how to put Excel data on a web page and retrieve data from the web into an Excel worksheet.
- Work with Excel spreadsheets saved in XML format.
- Program special features such as the Microsoft Office XP PivotTable and PivotChart web components.
- Learn how to use a number of objects from the Excel 2002 and Office XP Object Models.
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Spreadsheet Automation
- Chapter 2 : First Steps in Visual Basic for Applications
- Chapter 3 : Understanding Variables, Data types, and Constants
- Chapter 4 : VBA Procedures: Subroutines and Functions
- Chapter 5 : Decision Making with VBA
- Chapter 6 : Repeating Actions in VBA
- Chapter 7 : Managing Lists and Tables of Data with VBA
- Chapter 8 : Manipulating Files and Folders with VBA
- Chapter 9 : Controlling Other Applications with VBA
- Chapter 10 : Dialog Boxes and Custom Forms
- Chapter 11 : Custom Collections and Class Modules
- Chapter 12 : Creating Custom Menus and Toolbars with VBA
- Chapter 13 : Debugging VBA Procedures and Handling Errors
- Chapter 14 : Event Programming in Excel 2002
- Chapter 15 : Using Excel with Access
- Chapter 16 : Excel and the Internet
- Chapter 17 : XML and Excel 2002